Sunday, August 17, 2008

Project Linus - Third Sunday Group - August

Our 3rd Sunday Project Linus group met at JoAnns today. We sewed labels on 80 blankets. We were a small group today, just Lucille, Jodie, Debby, Gaylen and I. We finished sewing labels about 3:30 and started wrapping up for the day.

While the others finished sewing blanket labels, I talked to Gaylen, our chapter coordinator. We talked about our website, planning for Make a Difference Day in October, and putting out a newsletter. I volunteered to do the newsletter layout and Gaylen accepted. I really needed to talk to Gaylen and missing some of the label sewing was an extra benefit.

A woman named Isabella brought us a bunch of quilt tops that she and her husband had made. And there were some cute blankets among the ones we labeled. I absent-mindedly left my camera at home, so I failed to get any pictures to share.

mesh pop-up hamper

I did a bit of shopping and came home with a 3-bin nylon mesh pop-up hamper. They were 50% off and this will organize some of my yarn. It's more accessible and visible than the luggage I've had some of this stashed in. And it's large enough to corral more yarn in one place. The dimensions are 31" x 15" x 14" high, according to the package. It folds into a flat disc when empty.

2 comments:

  1. Where did you find those mesh bags.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the mesh pop-up hamper at JoAnns. It was over 6 years ago, during the back to school sales, so you're not likely to find the same hamper now. Check places like Bed, Bath & Beyond, Target, Wal-Mart and the dollar stores for something similar.

    ReplyDelete