Monday, June 07, 2010

Simple Strips Top Finished

Simple Strips quilt top

Today, I finally sat down at the sewing machine and finished stitching together the Simple Strips quilt top I wrote about in Process & the Frog Pond. One of my goals is to sew at least 3 or 4 days a week and I've been woefully short of that recently.

The simple fact is that quilts don't get finished if I don't sew. That is why one of my annual goals is to sew 3 or 4 days a week. I didn't set a minimum amount of time to sew, because:

  • 5 minutes is better than nothing and
  • sometimes getting started is the hardest part

Simple Strips is a design that Jodie created for our 3rd Sunday Project Linus group. It has 3 versions. We made lots of the first version of the design at our May meeting. This top is the 3rd version. In the 2nd version, you sew the strips together, cut them down the middle, rotate 1 half a half turn and stitch back together.

Jodie does a wonderful job of putting fabrics together and cutting kits for our group. She uses a combination of donated fabric and fabric she buys. She started the kit for this top with the cat print you see in this close-up.

close up of fabrics in Simple Strips quilt top

Time for bed. I plan to post part 2 of the Learning EQ7 series tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment