Friday, September 22, 2006

Yarn Out, Afghans In - Sept. 22. 2006

Dolores called a couple of days ago needing more yarn. Dolores is a Project Linus volunteer in her late 80s. She makes about 50 afghans a year for PL. I played yarn lady today and took her 2 big bags of yarn and one smaller bag, all stuffed with yarn from Coats & Clark and yarn bought courtesy of the Telecomm Pioneers. It's been a while since I've been able to take her this much yarn and I've got yarn left to do it again in a couple of months. I picked up 6 afghans that Dolores had finished.

Dolores was telling me about her 16 year old grandson, Hunter. She taught him to crochet, but he also learned to knit. He is knitting scarves for Christmas gifts and is knitting something pink and white for a teacher's baby. He's studying French and taking a trip to Paris in March, around his 17th birthday. Sounds like a pretty remarkable young man.

From Dolores' house, I went on to our Project Linus coordinator's house. I took Dolores' 6 afghans, the 4 blankets from my second Saturday group, and a lot of fabric bought with the Pioneers money. Patty should have fun mixing and matching fabric.

1 comment:

  1. Delores herself also sounds incredible! Kudos to you both for all the PL work you do!

    ReplyDelete