Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Mile-A-Minute Quilt Top #1 Finished!

Mile-a-Minute quilt top

Ta-Da! The first quilt top from my basket of scraps. That's 1/10 of one of my goals for 2008. There are 35 blocks in the quilt top. Can you tell where the seam between the blocks are? I'm lazy. The Mile-a-Minute pattern has sashing between the blocks. At 40 by 56 inches, this is a good size for Project Linus and I don't plan to add a border.

I'll leave you with 3 photos that give a closer view of 18 blocks. You can find the Mile-a-Minute pattern source and a summary of the instructions in my post "Quilting in Progress" from August 2006.

Mile-a-Minute quilt block detail Mile-a-Minute quilt block detail Mile-a-Minute quilt block detail

Previous Posts: My Scrap Basket, Quilting in Progress, 2008 Goals, Mile of Progress.

Get all Mile-a-Minute posts on one page.

1 comment:

  1. Bright and colorful -- a great quilt for a child. I'm not sure I'd have the patience to sew all those little pieces together to make the big blocks -- but it's great that you do.

    Keep up the good work -- I know it must be greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete