Sunday, February 24, 2008

Website Updates - February 24, 2008

I've been busy the last few days working on website updates. My About SusanB page has been totally redone and updated. I also made updates to Handmade for Charity updating some links that changed.

For the first time in quite a while, all of the links under Cornucopia of Quilt Links have been checked. I removed the dead links, updated links to websites that had moved and found replacements for a couple of web pages that no longer exist. Fortunately, I found a free tool called Total Validator that automatically checks all links and reports their status back to me. It also validates HTML against the standards. I downloaded the desktop version to my PC and found it easy to use. It took time to go through the results and update the web pages, but if I had to check all of the links manually, only a fraction of them would have been checked.

No comments:

Post a Comment