Thursday, July 23, 2009

Jumping with Joy

My phone rang this morning and it was my local Wal-Mart store calling to tell me that my Community Involvement Grant application had been approved and they have a nice check for my Project Linus chapter. I need to go to one of their morning employee meetings and talk about PL for a couple of minutes and pick up the check.

That news really made my day. A few of my volunteers and I submitted grant applications at Wal-Mart stores in the Kansas City area last February and this is the first grant that we've received. Hopefully more will be approved, but this will cover our newsletters and essential expenses for the next year. Additional grants/donations can be used for blanket making materials.

I haven't blogged for a while. Project Linus keeps me somewhat busy. And AARP introduced a new game, Mah Jongg Dimensions, in their games section in late May. Between the two, I haven't got back to blogging since my annual vacation trip to Albuquerque at the end of May.

No comments:

Post a Comment