Saturday, March 20, 2010

National Quilting Day - Tie One On for the Troops

Until I booted the laptop and started reading email, I forgot it was National Quilting Day. I actually did some quilting this morning, which has been an infrequent activity for me the last couple of months. I spent a couple of hours adding more machine quilting to a Project Linus blanket that came in without enough quilting.

My email tells me that the National Quilting Association has posted a free pattern in honor of National Quilting Day. The pattern is called Tie One On for the Troops and shows a tree wrapped with a yellow ribbon. It is pieced from squares and half-square triangles.

The National Quilting Day suggests making one or more quilts to donate to a current or former member of the military or the family of a soldier serving overseas.

No comments:

Post a Comment