Monday, February 11, 2013

Design Wall Monday - Lonely Block

One lonely Cobblestone block has been on my design wall for nearly 2 weeks. This is from a leader / ender project I started after finishing the Diagonal Puzzle top. I have several more blocks in progress. And yes, my design wall really is that dirty. That flannel sheet used to be white.

Cobblestone quilt block

After stitching together the Life's Ups and Downs top, I moved into finish-em-up mode. First up, a Scooby Doo quilt top I brought home from our 3rd Sunday Project Linus group.

quilt with Scooby Doo fabric

I don't know who stitched the top, but I'm sure it started as one of Jodie's kits. The design is a slight variation of our September 2012 pattern, In the Stream. Jodie paired it with Warm & Natural batting and a yellow flannel back. Here's a close up of a few of the Scooby Doo squares.

close up of Scooby Doo fabric in quilt

I'm quilting the Diagonal Puzzle top now. I plan to finish that and quilt Life's Ups and Downs so I'll have 3 quilts and probably 3 fleece blankets to turn in at our Project Linus meeting on Sunday. Yes, the 3rd Sunday of February is 6 days away. Time flies when you don't pay attention. And the 3rd Sunday comes early when the 1st is on a Friday.

What's on your design wall? Visit Design Wall Monday at Patchwork Times to see what JudyL and many others are working on and add your own Design Wall Monday post to the Linky list.

No comments:

Post a Comment