Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Green Knee Socks Finished

green knee socks

I finished my green knee socks last Wednesday. I wore them on Saturday. The legs slid down and bagged around my ankles when I walked. The foot section fits well, but I'm guessing that I needed more stitches in the leg. The knit fabric is very stretchy and pulls up to cover most of my calf, but it slowly slides down my leg. These socks are noticeably warmer than my store-bought socks even with the lacy pattern stitch.

For the curious: the pattern stitch is a modified version of the openwork rib stitch pattern in "Sensational Knitted Socks" by Charlene Schurch. My pattern stitch was:

  • 3 rows: knit 2, purl 2
  • 1 row: knit 2 together, yarn over, purl 2

The openwork rib stitch pattern uses "yarn over, slip, slip, knit 2 slipped stitches together" instead of "knit 2 together, yarn over". For me, k2 tog is much faster than ssk, so I substituted. My pattern stitch slants right instead of left.

Earlier posts:

No comments:

Post a Comment