I pieced 2 quilt tops this week. I added red-orange and green borders to a national parks fabric panel for an easy quilt top that kids will love. The center is a one yard fabric panel, I just trimmed the outer black fabric to an even width on all 4 sides. There is no red or orange in any of the park scenes, but the red-orange fabric works well and adds a bit of zing.
I also stitched this Easy X quilt top. The darker print is bears; some definite kid-appeal there.The fabric is some that I cut for our 3rd Sunday Project Linus group last summer. I've still got some cut squares. For some reason, no one wants to sew big quarter square triangles.
Ten days ago, I worked on binding a large UFO, a twin-size 9 patch quilt that was supposed to be a quilt for Hurricane Katrina victims. There is a picture and more details in this post from last May.
The quilt came back to me last fall ready for binding. I was working on the Lone Star quilt for my niece's wedding gift at the time and set the twin quilt aside. Ten days ago I found the binding fabric, cut binding strips and stitched them to the back of the quilt. Now that my Memory Craft 8000 is back home, I'll finish the binding with a decorative stitch.
Today I picked 2 quilt tops to finish for Project Linus and selected backing material from my stack reserved for backings. Nothing that semi-coordinated was large enough, so I had to search for fabrics to coordinate with the selected backing fabrics and iron and cut and stitch pieces together to make backs. I need to press the seams and the backs are ready to use. For some reason, this part always seems to take way longer than it should.