I drove 150 miles to visit with friends last Saturday as they were driving through on vacation. Wanda's mom gave me a package of precut purple squares (pictured in New Year, More Charity Quilts), so I was motivated to make a couple of quick tops last Thursday and Friday to have some show and tell with those squares.
On this top, I made half the blocks by adding green strips, then purple strips and the other half by adding purple, then green. When I stitched the blocks together, the fat T's in green and purple appeared around the purple squares. I'm still trying to think of a clever name for the quilt. This week, I layered the top with purple flannel, no batting, and finished it for a light weight summer blanket to be turned in at our Project Linus group tomorrow.
I cut the strips narrower on this top and made all of the blocks alike. I call this top "Meet Me at the Corner."
I made this sashed 9 patch top in 2006. The fabrics are all ones that Wanda's mom gave me a few years ago. I pieced the back for this top last September. I finally cut some Warm Blend batting (a needle-punched cotton/poly blend) and finished this quilt. I quilted a diagonal grid through the blocks. This Project Linus quilt will be turned in tomorrow also. The photo below is the pieced back that I used.
A visit with good friends and our monthly 3rd Sunday Project Linus blanket group motivated quilting results.