Friday, June 27, 2008

Quilting Done and In Progress

framed squares quilt

I made this quilt top of framed purple squares in April and prepared it for tying by our 3rd Sunday Project Linus group. Our large group of people tying blankets haven't come back to visit, so I brought it home and quilted it this week.

detail of framed squares quilt

Time to Bust a UFO

For my next project, I'm quilting this attic windows quilt top that I finished last July. I'm using a flannel back on this approximately 60" square quilt for a bright/cuddly baby/child's quilt.

pin-basted quilt top

Over the last 2 mornings, I've pieced the backing fabric to the correct shape, pressed everything nice and flat, taped the back to the floor, and added batting, top and lots of safety pins. This picture shows one corner, taped to the floor and full of pins. Here is a link to a picture of the entire quilt top.

Patience is Rewarded

I returned library books and DVDs today and checked to see if any of my requests had come in. Whoo hoo! I came home with Crazy Aunt Purl's Drunk, Divorced, and Covered in Cat Hair: The True-Life Misadventures of a 30-Something Who Learned to Knit After He Split by Laurie Perry, better known as Crazy Aunt Purl.

Last year, before the holidays my library's online catalog showed the book was on order and I put my name on the waiting list. Little did I know it would be 8 months before the book would be available for checkout. Guess what I'm reading this weekend! I read Crazy Aunt Purl's blog and I've read the book excerpt on its' Amazon page, so I'm anticipating reading accompanied by laughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment