Sunday, August 06, 2006

Crayon Quilt Finished

crayon quilt closeup of crayon quilt

Today I quilted the crayon top that I backed with twill. Calling it a quilt is a bit of stretch since there is no batting. No binding either since I used the pillowcase method.* But it is a finished blanket that Project Linus will welcome. The crayon squares are from the PL "Kids Helping Kids" program and I made the heart blocks. I ditch quilted around the 7½ inch blocks. Enough to hold the layers together, but no batting to worry about.

I also stitched a little on the purple H-block quilt. Hopefully that will be finished in a couple of days. I only did 2 rows on my Yeehaw Lady hat, so no new picture.

*Pillowcase method: Spread out quilt layers as follows: batting, backing fabric with right side up, and quilt top with right side down. Stitch all 3 layers together about 1/4 inch from edge of quilt top. Leave a 6 to 10 inch opening. Trim back and batting to the edge of the quilt top. Turn quilt right side out through the opening. Turn edges of opening to inside of the quilt and sew opening shut. Finger press outside edge and topstitch about a presser foot width from the edge to hold it flat. Quilt as desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment