Sunday, October 09, 2011

Strip-O-Rama Quilt Top Complete

Remember our September Fast & Fun quilt top that no one finished at our 3rd Sunday Project Linus meeting? I finally finished stitching mine together and will now reveal that I chose to do a piano key border. Jodie's design had 2 plain borders and I got adventurous. A pattern is just a starting point. Right?

The piano key border is made from the same fabrics that are in the blocks. I stitched more strip sets and cut about half of each strip set into units for the blocks. I arranged the remaining portion of the strip sets and stitched them together to form 2 pieces about 20" wide and 20" long. This width allowed me to cross cut each piece without folding. I cross cut each piece into strips about 5" wide and sewed a strip of each set of fabrics together to make 4 border strips.

For a better look at the fabrics and borders, I offer the photo below.

No comments:

Post a Comment