Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Project Linus - Third Sunday Group - July

It's that time of the month again. No, not that time! It's time for a report on our third Sunday Project Linus group that met 2 days ago.

Our group was smaller this month. Lucille is on vacation and Christy's house sold and she's moved far away. Louise brought some 4 patch and some rail fence kits to work on. Jodie brought a quilt top, layered it with batting and a flannel back, and got it ready to tie or quilt.

scrappy squares top

I brought an unfinished top and turned it into a finished top. This is a small sample of the Scrappy Squares Quilt on our KC Project Linus website. Scroll down to the Quilts section on the patterns page. And yes, these blocks are the ones I made over 2½ years ago to illustrate the instructions.

After adding the borders to the Scrappy Squares top, I pin-basted Jodie's quilt and packed it in my bag to bring home to quilt. Then I started one of the 4-patch kits, which I also brought home to finish. I'll share pictures in a few days when I finish them.

super-sized 9 patch

Two women came to deliver some quilt tops and finished blankets and stayed to tie a couple of quilts. I managed to take pictures of a couple of the quilt tops they brought. (Sorry, I didn't get names. If you're reading this, please leave a comment or use the email link in the left column to let me know who you are so I can give proper credit.)

super-sized 9 patch

Some of the tops used the super-sized nine patch pattern from Quiltmaker. Colorful large print fabrics combined with tone-on-tone prints make eye-catching and kid-pleasing quilt tops.

simple quilt top

Leftover fabric from the super-sized nine patch tops was used to make this top.

hexagon quilt

Debby brought this quilt made with hexagon blocks for show and tell. She made it with a kit from one of other Project Linus blanket groups and will be turning it in at that group. The instructions said to square off the top and bottom, but it's a lot more fun with the hexagon points intact.

No comments:

Post a Comment