Friday, April 10, 2009

Sometimes There's a Reason

Sometimes there's a reason for waiting, though you may not know the reason until after you wait.

Yesterday I planned to do my weekly shopping. Didn't happen. My get up and go was MIA. This afternoon I forced myself to shopping, because no way do I want to be in the weekend shopping crowd. I'm retired and Friday afternoon is a stupid enough time to be shopping, thank you.

I stopped at Michaels to spend the 50% off coupon the cash register spit out last Saturday. I was amazed to find several skeins of dark sage Red Heart Super Saver on clearance for $1.49 each. I bought 5 skeins, 4 for Project Linus and one to make hats for charity. I got a pound of white yarn with the 50% coupon.

skeins of yarn

The Red Heart Super Saver was not marked down Sunday when I was using the 50% off coupon from the newspaper ad. Several more expensive yarns were on clearance Sunday and were still there today with a dwindling selection. But Super Saver at that price disappears quickly.

Today was good timing. Yesterday the Super Saver might not have been on clearance. I'm glad I didn't do my shopping yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment